LSCP Forum Event
Time & Location
About the Event
The year just gone has been like no other. We are excited to mark the end of the business year with an opportunity to bring together practitioners, professionals and leaders from across the partnership to reflect on the year just gone and look forward to the year ahead.
In particular, we are incredibly excited to have Dr Carlene Firmin, Head of the Contextual Safeguarding Programme at the University of Bedfordshire join us. Dr Firmin will inspire and challenge us to think differently about how we can work to adopt a community-led approach to contextual safeguarding.
Following Dr Firmin's presentation, we'll breakout into groups to discuss and explore a number of questions, including:
1. Relationships are key – how can we embed trauma-informed responses in practice?
2. How can we best support young people to engage or reengage in school or college?
3. What is a "reachable moment" and how can we learn from innovative approaches used in critical situations?
4. How can we understand the criminal business model of exploitation in Lambeth?
5. How can we best ensure we are working with young people to understand their lived experience and have their voice at the centre of our work?
The event aims to encourage discussion, ideas & energy for the year ahead. We hope you can join us!